Superintendent - Fast Food Construction
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to complete the project on schedule and within budget successfully. This includes utilizing discretion in maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects. Superintendent reports to General Superintendent. Salaried position.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel (up to 140 per day) to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule.
- Must be able to identify and solve problems independently.
- Schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares, schedules and supervises the completion of a final punch list.
- Responsible for job site safety and encourages safe work practices.
- Identifies and corrects potential unsafe conditions.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized, clean and SWPPP compliant job site, including the construction office.
- Schedules and coordinates all building inspections as necessary throughout the project.
- Attends all trade inspections.
- Serves as liaison with city officials.
- Create, submit, and track RFIs and RFI responses
- Photo document project
- Report project status through daily reports
- Orders materials and equipment independently within budget.
- Works with tools less than 30% of the time.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound independent decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Physical: Be able to climb a ladder and climb onto a roof. Lift a minimum of 30 pounds. Work long periods of time outdoors in various climates. Complete PFT Exam with Category I or II clearance.
Education and Experience
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to read all plans including civil, architectural and mechanical.
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.
Job Status: Full Time