Retail Fixture Installer and Carpenter
The Retail Fixture Installer and Carpenter works cohesively on a retail team to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality and safety conditions while completing retail fixture installations, finish carpentry, setting refrigeration cases, and installing décor. Retail Fixture Installer and Carpenter reports to Retail Superintendent. Hourly position.
- Under the supervision of the Retail Superintendent, assists in maintaining positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Under the supervision of the Retail Superintendent, assists in promoting job site safety and encourages safe work practices
- Notifies supervisor of job site hazards immediately.
- Adheres to the company safety policy.
- Under the supervision of the Retail Superintendent, assists in maintaining an organized and clean job site.
- Has a high level of carpentry skills including the ability to build, repair, and modify fixtures and have some millwork skills.
- Able to operate a fork lift and scissor lift.
- Have a common knowledge of trade tools.
- Works with tools a majority of the time.
- Communication: Displays strong oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Physical: Be able to climb a ladder and climb onto a roof. Lift a minimum of 30 pounds. Work long periods of time outdoors in various climates. Complete PFT Exam with Category I clearance.
Education and Experience
- Has a high level of carpentry and fixturing skills.
- Must be able to use standard carpentry tools.
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.
Job Status: Full Time