Project Assistant - Construction
Eleven Western Builders, Inc. is a family-owned and operated Commercial General Contractor. For over three decades, we have stressed the importance of sustained customer satisfaction and long-term business relationships with clients, potential clients, subcontractors, and other industry professionals to all Eleven Western Builders’ team members. We specialize in On and Off-Site Work, Ground Up Construction, Tenant Improvement, Building Takeover, Remodel Construction, and more.
We have an immediate opening in our corporate office located in Rocklin, CA.
- Assist Project Managers. These duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide assistance for subcontractor award and project start-up
- Track change order submittal and status
- Work directly with subcontractors to collect change order documentation and back-up
- Create change order documentation for submittal to client.
- Manage plan distribution to subcontractors and project team throughout the project.
- Attend and document pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Pull permits at building department.
- Manage project submittals. These duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain and review project plans and specifications.
- Create a submittal log for each project from the project specifications and maintain with submittal status.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager, General Superintendent, and Superintendent (Project Team) to determine required dates for submittals.
- Contact subcontractors to request submittals providing deadline per Notice to Commence.
- Collect submittals from subcontractors
- Review submittals to the plans and specifications for accuracy
- Request corrections from subcontractors, as necessary
- Process submittals through the architect.
- Manage, track, and coordinate all deferred submittals.
- Manage project close-out (external to the client). These duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create project close-out per contract documents for the client.
- Collect warranties, as-builts, permit cards, and additional information as required.
- Review documents for conformance to contract documents.
- Assemble package per client’s requirements and a duplicate for internal archiving.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Ability to read construction plans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Proficient with Sage 300.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Available
- Medical and Dental Plans Available
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
- Annual Performance-Based Bonuses
Job Status: Full Time